These are great for little ones. [The company suggests 4&5, but I've found them more appropriate for my 3 year old.]
I love that they are black and white, because after finishing their assignment, my kids enjoy coloring in each page.
They cover a multitude of basic skills; color and shape recognition, practicing drawing straight and curvy lines, following directions, matching associated objects, counting, deciphering patterns, writing letters and numbers...and more. Each book consists of 64 pages and they are reasonably priced. You can view more samples here by clicking on a book you'd like to preview.
I've found many preschool workbooks to be lots of colorful pictures, with very little activity. While I think at this age children are constantly learning...and so I don't view these books as useless, I DO want my preschoolers to begin preparing for higher grade education. I want them to learn to sit down and listen to instructions and follow directions. I want my daughter to know how to carefully trace or copy a letter or image. I want her to learn basic skills while still developing her creativity and I think these workbooks are excellent tools to help me teach her these things.
Even if you are not teaching with a Christian background, these workbooks might be worth looking at. They are written with a Biblical worldview, although most of these books contain very little or no specific Biblical reference. It's just good basic skills material.
Note: I do not work for Rod & Staff or Milestone Ministries - and am not "officially" reviewing their product, nor did I receive any product, services or other compensation for this post. I simply like the product and am happy to tell you about it. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your comments! I really appreciate your feedback. I would like to send you a response, so please be sure I can view your email address, or check back for a follow up comment from me. Thanks!