Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A is for...

Today my 3-year-old and I played with our ABC cards. She identified each letter and then we practiced saying the sounds each letter makes. I was really surprised by how many she already knew! [Big brother has been teaching her lots of letter sounds lately.]

I asked her to think of words that begin with each letter as we went through them.  My son wanted to play too, so I asked him to write down the words she thought of.

Here is the list she came up with.

A is for Am and Andy

B is for Band

C is for Can't

D is for Dad

E is for Ear

F is for Frog

G is for Grape

H is for Heather

I is for Inch

J is for Jam

K is for Kitten

L is for Lamb

M is for Man

N is for Net

O is for On and Octopus

P is for Peeing [she's been wearing "big girl undies" and using the potty...it's exciting around here]

Q is for Queen [brother helped her out with this one]

R is for Rachel

S is for Sand

T is for Teeth and Tooth [again, brother was giving hints]

U is for Ummm [you know...as in, "ummmm, Mom, can I have a snack....ummmm, Mom, brother is being mean...ummmm, Mom, I peed in my pants a little" It is a legit word for a 3-year-old, right?]

V is for Van

W is for Whine [that goes along with "Ummm"]

X is for eXercise and X-ray [brother helped with X-ray]

Y is for Yam

Z is for Zipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really appreciate your feedback. I would like to send you a response, so please be sure I can view your email address, or check back for a follow up comment from me. Thanks!