Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teeny Tiny Tree Trimming

My Mother-in-law gave the kids a tiny little tabletop tree to decorate...and I had no tiny decorations...soooooo


We made some. 

I had a book the kids were uninterested in reading anymore and wanted to get rid of...


I loved the colors in the book, so I did the unthinkable and let them...*gasp*


...cut it up.
[I cringe a little even as I say it]


We used 2 different sized circle shaped paper punches and cut out various sizes and colors from the pages.  Once we had a big pile of them, 


we glued our paper circles to some thread using this method [just scroll down to the circle garland].


This would make a great ribbon for tying gifts too! 

So our tree went from ho-hum...


To so fun!


Yay!


2 comments:

  1. I am going to do that for my little tree too. Hey, I was thinking... now they can lace up the pages! (Another sewing class!)

    I think you may be on to something with that hole punch and books!

    ~ me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...fun book idea! I'd love to see your tree once you've finished - send me a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really appreciate your feedback. I would like to send you a response, so please be sure I can view your email address, or check back for a follow up comment from me. Thanks!