Friday, November 19, 2010

Recovered Dictionary

I recently picked up this great kid's picture dictionary at a local thrift store for 60 cents!  Yay!


The cover had seen better days...


...but the pages inside were in great condition, [look at these sweet illustrations] so I decided to recover it.




If I had considered it before, I might have covered it with fabric.  But since I can't sew...and consequently have little fabric on hand, it really never occured to me until my project was complete...maybe next time.










I found this clipart image at Clipart ETC., and colored it for my cover.


A little glue...a little tape...and my dictionary had a very simple, yet pretty, makeover.
Ta Da!

Before

After


Before

After


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really appreciate your feedback. I would like to send you a response, so please be sure I can view your email address, or check back for a follow up comment from me. Thanks!