...pretty things.
I cannot.
Actually, I can sew...just not with a machine...or very well...yet.
I hope once my littlest darling is toddling, I will make time to learn.
My son recently asked me, "Mom, how do people make pillows?"
"Well, they cut squares of fabric and sew them together using a needle and thread...and fill it with stuff."
"But...how?"
Oh sure...he wants me to be technical?!
I could see this all going down hill, he wasn't satisfied with my simplistic answer.
I decided we'd better keep the sewing lesson at a level we could all comprehend.
I explained to him that it was similar to when he "sews" his cards. That answer was still insufficient, but it gave me an idea.
Before long we were cutting shapes out of construction paper, punching holes, lacing and stuffing...and making our own "pillows" - harvest style.
Here's what we did:
Using 2 pages at a time, I cut out shapes from construction paper.
I then punched holes all around the edges. The kids colored their pumpkins and leaves.
Then they used yarn to "sew" the two pieces of paper together.
As we went along, we stuffed our harvest pillows with plastic bags. It was fun, informative, they make great fall decorations...and my son seemed to be satisfied with the sewing lesson...phew! :)
So, while I cannot sew adorable ladybug pillows like my talented friend Shelley,
give me some paper and crayons and I'll come up with something. ;)











Loved it!
ReplyDeletethis is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Hope you have fun making some! :)
ReplyDeleteI liked yours better!
ReplyDelete