Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Popsicle Stick Man

I found this on Crayola's coloring pages.


My 5 year old needed a project to keep him busy...and this seemed a fun and simple way to occupy him.  ;)


First he colored the page.


After that, he cut the guy out.

But instead of cutting around his picture, he followed the black lines...and cut off all his limbs.

So, we decided to glue him [and all his lost parts] onto some cardboard.  Empty cereal boxes are perfect for projects like this! 


Then he cut AROUND him...with a little help from mom.  In retrospect, I would skip the step of cutting him out first - well, maybe...it did keep him busy for an extra 7 minutes or so.  *grin*

Now we needed a stick.  I know I have some tucked away in a craft box somewhere...but there are much more fun ways of acquiring a stick than digging through boxes in a closet...


We actually didn't need 2 sticks, but I wanted a popsicle too.  *wink*


We taped the stick to the back of his art-man and ta-da!


We accomplished art class...
Combated boredom...
Cooled off with a sweet snack...
Re-purposed a cereal box...
And created a fun toy to play with until dinner is finished.  *smile*

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool idea.. I made a similar project for my pre-k for class by taking a picture of her, had her cut it out and she took paper-doll-Beka to school..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really appreciate your feedback. I would like to send you a response, so please be sure I can view your email address, or check back for a follow up comment from me. Thanks!